Perfect teeth: the secret to the perfect smile
It seems that since we are little, society pushes us to have a perfect smile. We have grown up surrounded by perfect teeth: in TV commercials, celebrities, models and even our favorite actors on television have perfect smiles.
Thanks to advances in medicine and technology, today there are many ways to show off a smile with perfectly straight and white teeth that involve different treatment methods and price points.
What do the perfect smile and teeth look like?
What do the perfect smile and teeth look like? A perfect smile is as we all imagine it: it’s made up of beautiful white teeth, without stains, well aligned and with a correct bite - the perfect set of teeth. In addition, the gums are uniform and allow an adequate crown height, that is, the gums aren’t receding and don’t cover the teeth too much. And most importantly: a perfect smile is synonymous with a healthy smile. So it’s less about how perfect teeth should look, and more about their overall health. Perfect teeth should be healthy and not suffer from any disease.
Brushing after meals and flossing are the key to maintaining a smile of perfect natural teeth. Professional oral hygiene should be performed biannually or annually to enjoy good oral health. In the same way, we should go to the dentist once or twice a year to check that our oral cavity is perfectly healthy.
Perfect teeth in women and men: what’s the difference?
Perfect top and bottom teeth in men and women have similar characteristics. As we’ve mentioned before, the perfect teeth in both male and female patients are aligned, have a good shape, don’t have gaps, and are white. However, the perfect smile in men and women present some small differences.
In male patients, the natural perfect teeth shape are a little more rectangular with straight edges and strong angles. Also, men's teeth are generally slightly larger than women's, in proportion to their height. While in female patients the perfect teeth shape is a little more rounded. However, you should remember that each person is unique and both men and women can have perfect teeth that do not follow these stereotypes - how perfect teeth should look can’t always be based on gender.
Another point to highlight regarding the perfect smile in women, aside from teeth shape, is that they have to be a little more aware of the care of their teeth, since there are many hormonal factors that can generate a predisposition to certain conditions. For example, during pregnancy there is a greater predisposition to suffer from gingivitis and granulomas and, during menopause, the propensity to suffer from osteoporosis increases, which can affect the density of the maxillary bones.
How to get perfect teeth
If you’re wondering how to get perfect shiny white teeth like the celebrities, the truth is there are several ways to do it. On the one hand, there are certain tips on how to get a perfect smile that are very easy to follow and fit into your daily routine and then on the other hand, there are some treatments that, depending on the case, may be necessary to achieve a perfect and totally healthy smile.
Tips for how to get a perfect smile
There are a number of tricks you can follow to have a perfect smile. Among others, some of the tips for getting a perfect smile are:
- Brush your teeth after every meal. This is the most important trick to have a perfect, healthy and beautiful smile
- Floss whenever you brush your teeth
- Use mouthwash to fight bacteria and have fresh breath
- Avoid foods that stain teeth such as wine, excessive red fruits, coffee, tea, etc. And, if you do consume them, try to brush your teeth as soon as possible to avoid stains
- Visit your dentist regularly. If you feel any discomfort or pain, don't ignore it: professionals are here to help you. Visiting the dentist regularly is vital to detecting possible oral pathologies such as cavities, malocclusion, periodontitis, bruxism, receding gums or dental or bite problems such as malocclusion, crowding or gaps
- Try not to chew on pens, open bottles with your teeth, or other objects. Micro-cracks can be created in these, damaging the enamel or even gradually displacing the teeth
- Take care of your gums. Avoid brushing by exerting too much pressure on them, as they can become inflamed and damaged
- Use toothpaste with fluoride to prevent cavities
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned on a regular basis
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet, avoiding or reducing foods that can be harmful to your teeth, such as refined sugars
- Follow your dentist's recommendations and if you have a bite or dental misalignment problem and the orthodontist recommends that you start orthodontic treatment, do not delay starting it.
Treatments to get a perfect smile with white teeth and a correct bite
In addition to the basic advice that can be applied to anyone, in the search for the perfect smile there are a series of treatments that can be very useful in certain cases. Below we look in detail at what they are:
- Get professional teeth whitening. How can you get perfect white teeth? Dental whitening by professionals, both in the clinic and at home, can be a solution to achieve perfect white teeth. If you detect that the color of your teeth is turning yellow or if stains appear that you cannot remove with daily dental hygiene you might want to consider teeth whitening. However, you must remember that over the years it is normal for the color of the teeth to darken a certain shade, so maintaining white and perfect teeth can become a challenge if you’re not very on top of it. Genetics also influence whether your teeth are more or less white from birth, so not everyone can achieve the same shade of white after undergoing this treatment.
- Get a perfect smile with veneers. To achieve perfect teeth with veneers, it is important that we do not have occlusion or serious dental problems. If, for example, there is a slight tooth separation, this can be treated through the use of laminate veneers to achieve perfectly straight teeth. Veneers are great for how to get perfect teeth without braces, but if you have a more serious problem you’ll have to go to orthodontic treatments or even surgery. If you’re wondering how to get perfect teeth alignment like celebrities, many of them often resort to the use of veneers to achieve a perfect smile, but it is important that you do not let yourself be easily influenced and that you consult an expert to find out which treatment is the most appropriate in your case.
- Orthodontic treatment. To have perfect teeth, it may be necessary to resort to orthodontics like clear aligners or braces. In terms of alignment, perfect teeth, for both top and bottom teeth, can be achieved with braces or aligners. Orthodontics can treat cases of dental misalignment and malocclusion, excessively large spaces between teeth and dental crowding. To maintain perfect teeth after orthodontics we must make sure to use retainers, take care of the color and hygiene of our teeth.
- Surgery to get perfect white teeth. There are more complicated cases that will require surgery to achieve the desired perfect white teeth. Some of the dental problems that may require surgery are gum surgery, bone grafting, maxillary sinus lift, or when a tooth is missing the patient might require implants. On the other hand, an operation called orthognathic surgery may also be necessary to achieve perfect teeth in case very serious bite problems have to be fixed.
How much is it to get perfect teeth? Cost in UK
In most cases, having a perfect smile doesn't cost as much as you think. There are many steps that we have mentioned before that can prevent staining or help maintain a perfect smile and that are free, such as tooth brushing after meals and dental check-ups. If you don't make regular visits to the dentist and follow your dentist's recommendations, you will end up paying a high price for perfect teeth.
However, there are cases where prevention does not work and getting perfect teeth can be a bit more expensive, such as surgery, whitening, veneers and orthodontics. To find out how much it costs to get perfect teeth in the UK if you have to undergo orthodontic treatment, in this article you can find out the price of the different types of orthodontic devices to get the smile of your dreams.
Impress invisible orthodontics: how to get perfectly straight teeth without braces
Having natural and perfect teeth is everyone’s goal. In addition, perfectly straight teeth are also the secret of a healthy smile. If your teeth are misaligned or you have any bite problem you can go to Impress. At Impress we have professionals with more than 15 years of experience in invisible orthodontics and the latest technology in the sector.
Impress aligners are removable and transparent, so you can align or correct your teeth without anyone noticing. Getting perfect teeth with Impress orthodontics is comfortable, fast and hygienic, since you can remove the aligners to brush your teeth, which allows better access when brushing the most difficult to reach areas. All these advantages make them the best option in terms of how to get perfect straight teeth without braces.
If you want your teeth to have perfect alignment, do not hesitate to put yourself in the hands of our specialists in invisible orthodontics. You can get in touch with us by WhatsApp, by phone at +44 20 3808 1072, by sending us an email at email@example.com, or by filling out our online form.
And remember: the initial consultation is free! Find out about our prices with zero obligation and visit us at your nearest Impress clinic. We’ll be waiting for you!